History of the School of Applied Sciences & Technology
The School of Technology included the departments of Agriculture, Home economics, and Industrial Arts as well as an associate’s degree in Nursing.
The School was renamed the College of Applied Arts and Technology and included departments of Kentucky School of Crafts, The Kentucky Peace Officers’ Standards and Training Council, and the Kentucky Traffic Institute.
The College of Applied Arts and Technology included:
- Agriculture with chair Dr. William Householder (1967-1976)
- Home Economics with chair Dr. Margaret Barra in 1967. Dr. Roberta Hill became chair the following year until 1974.
- Industrial Education with chair Dr. Ralph Whalin (1967-1969)
- Industrial Technology with chair Dr. William Sexton (1967-1968)
- Kentucky School of Crafts with chair Dr. Kenneth Hansson (1967-1969)
Nursing was formed with chair Charlotte Denny (1968-1974).
Nursing later joined the Department of Applied Health and Nursing.
Dr. William Sexton became Dean of the college of Applied Arts and Technology.
The Departments of Industrial Education and Industrial Technology were merged to form Industrial Technology and Education with Dr. Clyde Craft (1974-1989).
Dr. Kenneth Hansson became dean of the College of Applied Arts and Technology.
Mass Communications was formed with chair James Harris (1979-1982).
Military Science was introduced to the College of Applied Arts and Technology.
Aviation was formed
Dr. Glen Kleine named Dean of the College of Applied Arts and Technology.
The college was reorganized to include:
- Agriculture with chair Dr. Danny Britt (1991-2001)
- Human Environmental Sciences with chair Dr. Susan Willis (1993-1997)
- Mass Communications with chair Dr. Ron Wolfe (1993-1997)
- Technology with chair Dr. Clyde Craft (1991-1995)
The College of Applied Arts and Technology merged with the College of Business to form the College of Business and Technology and Dr. Robert Rogow as Dean of the newly formed college.
The College of Business and Technology split into two schools: The School of Business and the School of Applied Arts and Technology.
The School of Applied Arts and Technology housed the departments of:
- Agriculture with chair Dr. John Settimi, and included Meadowbrook Farm
- Applied Engineering and Technology with chair Dr. L. Tim Ross and included Aviation, Automation, Electronics, Computer Aided Drafting, Flight Simulator, Graphic Communications, Fluid Power, and Computer Applications
- Communications with chair Dr. Elizabeth Hansen
- Military Science with chair Lieutenant Colonel Ralph Hudnall
The School of Applied Arts and Technology was renamed the School of Applied Sciences and Technology with the departments of:
- Agriculture with chair Dr. John Settimi
- Applied Engineering and Technology with chair Dr. L. Tim Ross
- Military Science and Leadership with Lieutenant Colonel Darell Robinson